Useful accessories for laptops will help make the use of the device as convenient as possible, complement the functionality of the device, and protect it from overheating and external influences. What do you need for comfortable working with a laptop? Wireless mouse, stand, hard drive? What products are right for you? Below is an overview of the most necessary accessories for a laptop.
What you need to buy for a laptop
Upgrading a portable PC is not necessarily associated with interfering with the internal “stuffing” of the device. It is enough to supplement the device with several useful accessories to get even more functional and trouble-free equipment.
So, when the choice in favor of a certain model has already been made, what will be useful to buy in addition? Here is the list:
- At the input device. Laptops can be equipped with a standard full-size keyboard and a familiar mouse. Suitable for this are accessories that connect via USB or do not have wires at all. It is very convenient for those who use a laptop at home or in the office and are used to a regular keyboard and mouse.
- Information accumulators. Memory cards and flash drives all this is needed to have a supply of memory for storing video, audio, documents, etc.
- Dock station. The device expands the number of connectors and ports. The station allows you to connect an external monitor, modem, office equipment, and hard drive to the device.
- Card Readers. Useful for users who often have to transfer information from the SD card of a smartphone, or tablet to a laptop and vice versa.
- Spare battery. If you often have to travel with a laptop, it is better to immediately get another battery so that at the most inopportune moment you are not left without a “workhorse”. Is the battery non-removable? You can buy portable devices for recharging.
- modem. For a portable device, you will need mobile Internet, which, like a laptop, you can always take with you. Mini-modems look almost indistinguishable from a flash drive, they are connected to a USB bay.
And now about each of the accessories – in more detail.
Most Useful Laptop Accessories
The devices from the list below are a must-have for anyone who wants to ensure maximum comfort when working with a laptop and guarantee the device to function without failures, damage, and other troubles.
The touchpad is not always familiar and convenient for users. Therefore, a wireless mouse will be an excellent option for those who value mobility but do not want to sacrifice comfort. No extra wires at hand, the device communicates with a laptop via Bluetooth or a radio channel.
A rug for models such as RVF-00056 is completely unnecessary, the surface for work is not important. And the choice of accessories is huge: from ordinary ones for work to gaming items.
The only thing that users should take care of is the timely replacement of batteries or recharging the battery of the mouse.
External hard drive
Where to store tons of the necessary data? On external hard drives! And why?
- will allow you to store absolutely everything: from the OS to ordinary files;
- easy to connect/disconnect via USB;
- quickly reads and writes information;
- will not burden luggage if you need to take it on a trip;
- great backup option.
Screws like the TS1TSJ25M3S are rugged and equipped with technology to protect data in transit. You can also pick up an external SSD drive. This is something like a flash drive, only there is much more space for storing information.
If you want to fully enjoy the high-quality powerful sound, then you can’t do without external devices. Laptops, of course, have built-in speakers, but often they produce sound at an average level. If you need to convey the whole gamut of the sound of your favorite tracks, plunge headlong into the gameplay, or into a movie with special effects, then it is better to get external speakers.
You can choose options that are powered by the mains, recharged via USB, or are content with batteries. Speakers equipped with a subwoofer will help turn the most “modest” device into a home theater.
Laptop tables and Stand
There is one caveat when working with laptops – with intensive use, the equipment can get very hot. This negatively affects the duration of the uninterrupted operation of the device. The stand will help cool the device, as well as adjust the screen angle, and raise/lower the device for ease of use.
There are options for passive and active cooling. The first is a kind of table with holes that let air through to the laptop case. The second is a design with fans that lower the temperature of the equipment. There are also instances of working on the floor, on a table, on a bed, and even on your knees.
A few tips on how to choose the right laptop stand:
- it is necessary that the dimensions of the table and the device correspond to each other;
- it is better to choose options with the ability to adjust in height;
- backlit options will help out if you often have to work in the dark;
- rubberized inserts or latches will help the device stay securely on the stand.
It is also worth considering the noise level that models with built-in fans emit.
Cases and bags
Laptops are, of course, mobile devices, but just picking up and carrying it in your hands is only permissible around the apartment or from one office to another.
How to choose a laptop bag? It is worth considering the diagonal of the device; equipment with a soft lining that compensates for vibration when moving; adjustable handles for easy transportation of the device.
Additional laptop accessories are by no means a waste of money. This is a profitable investment in expanding the functionality of the device, protecting it from damage, and ensuring long-term operation without overheating. Users can only decide on the appropriate type of accessories for the desired model.